Match 5 is the first full draw style lottery game to come exclusively to the state of Mississippi. Draws take place Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights at 10:00pm Central time. As the name suggests, players will have to choose five numbers from 1 to 35 for each entry- with the option to choose your own numbers or have a random selection chosen for you. Jackpots will start at $50,000 and increase following each draw its not won in.
Cash 3 was launched in 2020 but it doesn’t follow the same draw style format of Powerball and Mega Millions that were the first games to come to the state. Now Mississippi can compare itself to all the other lottery playing states with its first exclusive draw game with its own Jackpots to play for.
How to Play Mississippi Match 5
As this is the first draw game to come exclusively to Mississippi, its important to know what you’re doing before you play. Here are the steps you need to follow to enter a draw:
- Choose five numbers between 1 and 35 to enter on your ticket. If you can’t decide on the numbers yourself or don’t have ones you want to play then you can use the quick-pick option to have them randomly chosen for you.
- Each ticket costs $2, so choose the total number of tickets you want to buy.
- Choose whether you want to also buy the Multiplier feature for an extra $1 which multiplies non-jackpot winning prizes by 2, 3, 4 or 5 times, depending on the Multiplier number that is drawn. It also multiplies the number of free tickets you win if you match two numbers.
- Choose how many draws you would like to enter in a row. You can choose to enter just a single draw or 3, 6, 9, 12, 18 or 24 draws in a row.
- Pay for your tickets and then store them somewhere safely. Signing your ticket is the best way to keep it safe, but this does normally mean that you must go public if you win the jackpot, so consider this first. Mississippi does allow winners to stay anonymous, but most of the time winning tickets become public property when a prize is won, and therefore your name could be revealed.
- Check your numbers against the Mississippi Match 5 numbers to see if you have won a prize. The numbers will be announced shortly after 10pm CST on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Mississippi Match 5 Prizes
Match 5 offers a number of different ways to win prizes, starting with a free entry that can be used for a subsequent draw and rising up to the jackpot for matching all five numbers. The table below shows the prize levels and the Odds of winning in those levels:
|Numbers Matched||No Multiplier||2x Multiplier||3x Multiplier||4x Multiplier||5x Multiplier||Odds|
|5||Jackpot (starting at $50,000)||Jackpot||Jackpot||Jackpot||Jackpot||1 in 324,632|
|4||$200||$400||$600||$800||$1,000||1 in 2,164|
|3||$10||$20||$30||$40||$50||1 in 75|
|2||Free Ticket||2 Free Tickets||3 Free Tickets||4 Free Tickets||5 Free Tickets||1 in 8|
|The overall odds of winning a prize in any tier are 1 in 7.|
Match 5 Multiplier
Much like the multi-state games of Powerball and Mega Millions, Mississippi Match 5 offers increased non-jackpot prizes if you match sufficient numbers to win a payout and have paid for the Multiplier option on your entry.
So if you have matched three numbers and selected the Multiplier option, your payout will be multiplied by 2, 3, 4 or 5 times, depending on which multiplier ball is drawn. If you match two numbers with the multiplier, then you will receive as many free tickets as the multiplier number. So if the multiplier comes out as 5 and you have matched two numbers on your ticket then you will win five free entries to another draw.